Founding Editor Social Behavior and Personality: An International Journal (www.sbp-journal.com), 1973-present. This important journal, founded in 1973, publishes research papers on all aspects of Social Psychology. The journal has a distinguished Board of Editors and works with many thousands of peer reviewers all over the world. Ten issues, in both hard copy and electronic formats, are published per year, and the journal is held in the libraries of major universities all over the world. The journal has successfully published the work of over 5,500 researchers and professionals for over 39 years.
Dr. Stewart obtained his Masters degree at Harvard University and was previously Reader/Professor of Human Development at the University of the South Pacific in Suva Fiji 1978-1990 and Associate Professor of Psychology Laurentian University,Canada 1975-1978. Publications include Toward a World of Peace: People Create Alternatives (Suva: Univ. of the South Pacific, 1986), Cultural Dimensions: Factor Analysis of Textor's 'A Cross-cultural Summary' (Yale University, 1972), Adolescence in New Zealand (Heinemann Educational, 1976), Pacific Profiles: Personal Experiences of 100 South Pacific Islanders (Univ. of the South Pacific, 1980); also 61 book chapters and articles in profesional journals.
- Causal Attribution
- Close Relationships
- Culture and Ethnicity
- Gender Psychology
- Health Psychology
- Life Satisfaction, Well-Being
- Motivation, Goal Setting
- Personality, Individual Differences
- Self and Identity
- Sexuality, Sexual Orientation
- Stewart, R. A. C. (Ed.). (1976). Adolescence in New Zealand, Vols I & II. London & Auckland: Heinemann Educational Books.
- Stewart,R. A. C. (with SMS Ahmed) (1984). Factor analysis of the Stewart Personality Inventory Research Form and its correlation with some other personality instruments. Social Behavior and Personality, 12(2), 143-151.
- Stewart, R. A. C. (with SMS Ahmed) (1985). Factor analytical and correlational study of Just World Scale. Perceptual and Motor Skills, 60, 135-140.
- Stewart, R. A. C. (1982). Us and them: Beliefs about human nature held by young people in the South Pacific. Social Behavior and Personality. 10(2), 221-226.
- Stewart, R. A. C. (1977). Factor analysis and rotation of responses to the Junior Eysenck Personality Inventory. Psychological Reports, 40, 599-601.
- Stewart, R. A. C. (1971). Cross-cultural personality research and basic cultural dimensions through factor analysis. Personality: An International Journal, 2(1), 45-72.
- Stewart, R. A. C. (with J.P. Maas) (1986). Toward a world of peace: People create alternatives. Suva: The University of the South Pacific.
- Stewart, R. A. C. (with AC Webster) (1973). Chapter 8: Theological conservatism. In G. D. Wilson (Ed.), Psychology of conservatism. London: Academic Press.
- Stewart, R. A. C. (1987). Ethnic differences in academic achievement in Fiji. In D. N. Perkins, J. Lochhead, and J. Bishop (Eds.), Thinking: The Second International Conference (pp. 163-171). Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaurn.
- Stewart, R. A. C. (1983). Beliefs about human nature held by young people in the South Pacific. In W. Maxwell, et al (Eds.) Thinking: The Frontier expands (pp. 69-78). Philadelphia, PA: Franklin Inst. Press.
- Stewart, R. A. C. (1982). Pacific profiles: Personality experiences of 100 south pacific islanders. Suva: The University of the South Pacific.
- Stewart, R. A. C. (1972). Cultural dimensions: Factor analysis of Textor's a cross-cultural summary. HRAFlex Books, New Haven: Yale Univ. Human Relations Area Files.
Robert A. C. Stewart
118 Clifton Terrace
P.O. Box 1539
Palmerston North 4410
- Phone: 64-6-355 5736
- Fax: 64-6-355 5424